Saturday 26 April 2014

Polish Party-Inspired by Kerruticles

Hello lovelies! It's the last week of the month again which means it's Polish Party time and this month the theme was 'Inspired by another Polish Party member'. I chose the lovely Claire from Kerruticles because I have been following her for almost as long as I have been blogging and she has some really fabulous nails. Claire is the Queen of clean, crisp lines in her striping tape manis and often comes up with some really elegant but deceptively simple manis. I had a quick scout through her blog for some inspiration and came up with these three manis: (33 Day Challenge taping, Holiday stripes, GOT Challenge Chevrons)


All photos from http://www.kerruticles.com and used with permission
I decided to incorporate elements from all of them into my nails for today, but wanted to stay away from the blues/purples because I've been doing a fair few blue manis lately! The colours I chose were: A England-Iseult, Barry M-Mango and Passion Fruit.




My lines are nowhere near as crisp and clean as Claire's (and my clean up is frankly atrocious!) but I like these nonetheless, they're really bright! Obviously as my nails are shorter I have fewer stripes than her as well, but I hope these are still a good homage to those fabulous manis!

Also, here's a picture of Iseult on its pretty little onesome-I am always surprised by how much I like this polish. I won it in a giveaway ages ago and thought I'd never wear it (what with it being a PINK and all =p) but that subtle silver shimmer running through it lifts it into something really lovely!


That's me for today then, don't forget to check out the other PP lovelies in the inlinkz!

~Nail Art Novice~

3 comments:

  1. Great inspiration! It looks just like the original too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh - that's such a "me" manicure. Well done - I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...