Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Blogging Resolutions!



~Happy New Year! I hope 2014 brings you happiness and awesome things, and of course, lots and lots of shiny polishes!~

I don't, as a rule, make resolutions, because I feel like they're just a way to make you feel bad about yourself if you break them-and life is too short for feeling guilty for breaking a pledge to yourself! However, this year I am dispensing with tradition and making a couple of blogging/nail related resolutions, which I am determined to stick to as best I can-and I will keep you updated on my progress throughout the year.

1. Buy some Lemony Flutter and start actually looking after my cuticles/hands properly.
I am a bit terrible at looking after my skin in general, if I'm honest, but as a nail blogger I feel like I should try and make an effort with my hands if I can. Also all this acetone is playing havoc with my cuticles, and the skin around them is a bit rough and raggedy. I want to try and improve the state of them if I can in 2014!

2.Drastically limit my polish spending, at least until I am employed and earning again.
This is the biggy for me. I have a terrible habit of spending money that I don't have on polishes I don't really need and I am amassing a collection that's growing in size too rapidly for me to deal with it. So this is a two part thing-I'm going to:
i) Limit myself to a maximum of 4 new polishes a month and try to use the ones I have more.
ii) Limit myself to a maximum spend of £20/month on polish and all polish related things including shipping, stamping plates, brushes, tools, etc etc. (I'm not including remover/cotton pads in this because I go through so much of them and also the amount I use changes depending on what manis I have been wearing.)
To help me to try and achieve this second resolution, I will post at the end of every month showing what I have acquired and detailing what I have spent-in a bid to shame myself if I've been bad/be proud if I've been good! I know, if nothing else, Rara will help keep me on the straight and narrow for this-she's always telling me off for buying new polishes!

The final thing for me to say is a great big THANKYOU to all of you who have started following me over the past year. The people I have met through this blog are really what makes it for me-I've made "friends" (virtually, at least!) with so many awesome people and I look forward to growing those friendships in 2014. There's also lots of exciting things on the way, so keep an eye out!

~Nail Art Novice~

3 comments:

  1. I love all your manis! Can't wait for another year of seeing them :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions! I'm going to try to not buy nail polish as much too this year. I'm probably going to go on a no buy since my collection is getting way too big too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions! Lemony Flutter is amazing! Also year ago I decided to cut out buying polishes for a few months. Then I limited my spending once I started buying again. You honestly get used to it, and it get's easier to say no :P

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...